Unit is looking for interns!
Apply now for a summer internship at one of Unit's media partners in Russia, Belarus, Ukraine or Moldova.
Unit (network of LGBTQ-journalists), a collaboration of n-ost (Germany), MAKEOUT (Belarus) and Genderdoc-M (Moldova) is happy to announce that we are
Looking for interns (summer 2020, 3 months)
- produce media content (journalist, blogger, video-maker, photographer …)
- identify yourself as LGBTQ person/as part of the LGBTQ community
- are based in one of the project countries Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and Moldova
- want to work with a professional media on LGBTQ-content
- work in Russian
- are motivated to move to another city (and country!) for three months
then get in touch!
Unit is a network of journalists and human rights defenders working on LGBTQ. We aim to facilitate a productive public discussion on the rights of LGBTQ-people, focusing on Eastern European states.
- an internship placement at a professional media outlet in Russia (Такие Дела), Belarus (Hrodna.life or CityDog), Ukraine (Заборона) or Moldova (NewsMaker)
- a monthly stipend covering living costs + accommodation
- travel costs at the beginning and end of the internship
- invitation to the kick-off meeting (Berlin, April 2020) and a final meeting (Minsk, Aug/Sep 2020) including travel, accommodation and practical workshops
If selected, you will spend three months at a media partner (between May and Aug 2020, exact dates tbc) and you will be part of their editorial team. You will be included in the workflows, learn how they work and be able to contribute to the work of the media outlet. Concrete goals and areas of expertise will be determined between you and the media organisation. In any case you will have the following responsibilities:
- contribute to the work of the media partner as determined
- create regular blog posts for the project describing your personal and professional experience
- actively reflect the LGBTQ-coverage in your media environment
- actively participate in meetings and networking activities on- and offline
When applying, you can give your preference for the country and the media partner and we will find the best matches.
To apply, please fill out this form in Russian or English no later than March 5, 2020.
Successful applicants will be notified by March 20, 2020.
Any questions (in Russian or English) can be directed to Andreas Schmiedecker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Looking forward to your application!