6-month fellowship as editor at UNIT
For Editors with a Russian citizenship
Unit is a network of journalists who want to improve the quality of reporting on LGBTQ and other marginalized groups in the post-Soviet states. We are working with a core team of journalists from all post-soviet countries in order to publish articles in regional and western outlets and implement a program to connect journalists with human rights defenders and strengthen their journalistic skills. Unit is a project of the Berlin-based journalist network n-ost and was initiated by the journalist Ali Feruz (Novaya Gazeta).
For our Berlin office we can now offer a 6-months fellowship as an
Editor (Russian, English)
- has an excellent knowledge of Russian and English (German is an asset)
- at least 5 years of experience as a journalist / editor (with Russian texts and, ideally, English)
- has proven organizational skills (preferably in working with independent journalists)
- is interested in the field of human rights and especially LGBTQ
- is willing to live and work in Berlin for 6 months
- has a Russian Citizenship
In the course of your fellowship, your tasks will include the following:
- organize the work of our core-team of journalists (prepare and moderate conference calls, facilitate their exchange, deciding and following up on individual tasks)
- edit their texts in Russian and English and oversee/organize translations
- take responsibilities the publication of the materials – research, placing of articles, communication with various media outlets
- together with the project team: support the conception of the journalist
trainings (workshops, webinars) and editing of project reports
What we offer:
- a monthly per diem and housing allowance of, in total, USD 3.000
- health insurance for the period of the fellowship
- a working place at n-ost in Berlin Kreuzberg
The fellowship can start as soon as possible, lasting for max. 6 months.
Please send your CV and relevant work samples to email@example.com (as one pdf).
If you have any questions, write an E-Mail to Project manager Andreas Schmiedecker: firstname.lastname@example.org.